Last Updated: January 4, 2018
Brinqa respects the rights of copyright and trademark holders, as described in this policy. This policy is incorporated by reference into the Brinqa Customer Agreement (the “Agreement”). Terms used in this policy shall have the same definitions as in the Agreement or our Acceptable Use Policy, as applicable, except where otherwise noted.
Brinqa does not allow copyright infringing activities on Brinqa’s Hosted Services or websites (our “Services”). We will remove a party’s data or content from our Services if properly notified that such data or content infringes on another’s copyright rights. Brinqa has a policy of terminating, in appropriate circumstances, the accounts of parties who repeatedly infringe copyright holders’ copyrights. You are a “repeat infringer” if, on more than two occasions, you have been notified of infringing activity or have had Your Data or Content removed from our Services. Brinqa also reserves the right to terminate Your accounts suspected of infringing copyrights upon the first incident without further notice, at our sole discretion.
If you believe that any content in our Services violates your copyright, you should notify Brinqa’s copyright agent in writing pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”), 17 U.S.C. § 512(c)(3). The contact information for Brinqa’s copyright agent is at the bottom of this section.
In order for Brinqa to take action, you must do the following in your notice:
(1) provide your physical or electronic signature;
(2) identify the copyrighted work that you believe is being infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works are covered by the notice, a representative list of such works;
(3) identify the item that you think is infringing and which is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and include sufficient information about where the material is located (including which website) so that Brinqa can find it (such as the item’s URL);
(4) provide Brinqa with a way to contact you (such as address, telephone number, or email);
(5) provide a statement that you believe in good faith that the item identified as infringing is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law to be used by Brinqa; and
(6) provide a statement that the information you provide in your notice is
- accurate, and that
- under penalty of perjury, you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner whose work is allegedly being infringed.
We will promptly notify the alleged infringer that you have claimed ownership of the rights in this content and that we have complied with your takedown notice for the content.
Here is the contact information for Brinqa’s copyright agent:
c/o Brinqa, LLC.
4505 Spicewood Springs Rd, Suite # 304
Austin, TX 78759
If you are a trademark owner and you believe in good faith that any content on our Services or infringes on your trademark rights, please inform us in writing firstname.lastname@example.org or at the notice address for Brinqa indicated in the Agreement. Your notice must include:
(1) Identification of the trademark(s) claimed to have been infringed, and, if registered with the United States Patent and Trademark Office or similar foreign entity, the registration number of the mark(s);
(2) Identification of the material claimed to be infringing and information sufficient to permit Brinqa to locate the material, such as the specific URL where the trademark appears on the Services;
(3) A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the trademark in the manner complained of is an infringement of the rights granted under United States and/or foreign trademark law;
(4) A statement that the information in the letter is:
- accurate, and
- under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the allegedly infringed trademark; and
(5) A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the trademark that is allegedly infringed.
Upon receipt of a notice containing the above information, Brinqa will promptly notify the party who provided the allegedly infringing content and will promptly remove or cause to be removed the allegedly infringing content.
We reserve the right to reclaim usernames on behalf of businesses or individuals that hold legal claim or trademark on those usernames. Accounts using business names and/or logos to mislead others may be permanently suspended.