Last updated: May 1, 2020
“Brinqa Services” include our:
- Websites (including but not limited to brinqa.com, docs.brinqa.io)
- SaaS Products
- On-Prem Products
A “Device” is any computer used to access Brinqa Services, including without limitation a desktop, laptop, mobile phone, tablet, or other consumer electronic device.
Unless otherwise stated, our SaaS Products and our On-Prem Products are treated the same for the purposes of this document.
Account and Profile Information
We collect information about you and your company as you register for an account, create or modify your profile, use, access, or interact with Brinqa Services. Information we collect includes:
- Contact information such as names, email addresses, mailing addresses, and phone numbers
- Billing information such as credit card details and billing address
- Profile information such as username, profile photo, and job title
- Preferences information such as notification and marketing preferences
Personal Information Gathered
The Brinqa website has various features which allow those interested in Brinqa and its services to obtain more information about it. Brinqa asks those requesting information to provide Brinqa with certain personal contact information that may be used to follow up with those interested in its services. The information collected includes but is not limited to first and last name, company or organization, title or position within the company or organization, phone number and email address. Brinqa stores this information and uses this information to respond to requests for information regarding our services and provide support to its customers as well as for Brinqa’s own marketing purposes.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
Use of Information Collected
We use the Information we collect about you (including Personal Information to the extent applicable) for a variety of purposes, including to:
- Provide, operate, maintain, improve, and promote Brinqa Services;
- Process and complete transactions, and send you related information, including purchase confirmations and invoices;
- Send transactional messages, including responding to your comments, questions, and requests; providing customer service and support; and sending you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Send promotional communications, such as providing you with information about services, features, surveys, newsletters, offers, promotions, contests, events and sending updates about your team and chat rooms; and providing other news or information about us and our select partners. You have the ability to opt out of receiving any of these communications as described below under ‘Communication Preferences’;
- Process and deliver contest or sweepstakes entries and rewards;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with Brinqa Services and for marketing or advertising purposes;
- For other purposes about which we obtain your consent.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
We will not share or disclose any of your Personal Information or Content with third parties except as described in this policy. We do not sell your Personal Information or Content.
Access by your system administrator
You should be aware that the administrator of your instance of Brinqa Services may be able to:
- Access information in and about your Brinqa Services account;
- Access communications history, including file attachments, for your Brinqa Services account;
- Disclose, restrict, or access information that you have provided or that is made available to you when using your Brinqa Services account, including your Content; and
- Control how your Brinqa Services account may be accessed or deleted.
Service Providers, Business Partners and Others
We work with third party service providers to provide website, application development, hosting, maintenance, back-up, storage, virtual infrastructure, payment processing, analysis and other services for us. These service providers may have access to or process your Information for the purpose of providing those services for us. Please be aware that you are providing your Information to these third parties acting on behalf of Brinqa.
Links to Third Party Sites
Social Media Widgets
We may display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on Brinqa Services. With your consent, we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us using the information below.
Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement Requests; Protection of Our Rights
We may disclose your Information (including your Personal Information) to a third party if (a) we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, (b) to enforce our agreements, policies and terms of service, (c) to protect the security or integrity of Brinqa’s products and services, (d) to protect Brinqa, our customers or the public from harm or illegal activities, or (e) to respond to an emergency which we believe in good faith requires us to disclose information to assist in preventing the death or serious bodily injury of any person.
We may share or transfer your Information (including your Personal Information) in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company. You will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on Brinqa Services of any change in ownership or uses of your Personal Information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your Personal Information.
Aggregated or Anonymized Data
We may also share aggregated or anonymized information that does not directly identify you with the third parties described above.
With Your Consent
We will share your Personal Information with third parties when we have your consent to do so.
Accessing your Data
You have the following data protection rights:
- You can request access, correction, updates, or deletion of your personal information.
- You can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information, or request portability of your personal information.
- If we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information.
To exercise any of these rights, please contact us at email@example.com. We will respond to your request to change, correct, or delete your information within 30 days and notify you of the action we have taken.
In addition to the above rights, under EU data protection law, applicable individuals have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to any processing of your personal data for which we have justified on the basis of a legitimate interest, including profiling (as opposed to your consent) or to perform a contract with you. You also have the right to object at any time to any processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes, including profiling for marketing purposes.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority for data protection.
Brinqa offers Brinqa Services users who provide contact information a means to choose how Brinqa uses the information provided. You may manage your receipt of marketing and non-transactional communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of the Company’s marketing emails.
Data Storage, Transfer and Security
Brinqa hosts data with hosting service providers in numerous regions including the United States and the EU. The servers on which Personal Information is stored are kept in a controlled environment. While we take reasonable efforts to guard your Personal Information, no security system is impenetrable and due to the inherent nature of the Internet as an open global communications vehicle, we cannot guarantee that information, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our systems or otherwise in our care, will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others, such as hackers. In addition, we cannot guarantee that any incidentally-collected Personal Information you choose to store in Websites or SaaS Products are maintained at levels of protection to meet specific needs or obligations you may have relating to that information.
Where data is transferred over the Internet as part of a Website or SaaS Product, the data is encrypted using industry standard SSL (HTTPS).
Where On-Prem Products are used, responsibility of securing access to the data you store in the On-Prem Products rests with you and not Brinqa. We strongly recommend that administrators of On-Prem Products configure SSL to prevent interception of data transmitted over networks and to restrict access to the databases and other storage used to hold data.
International Transfer of Information